Important Notification regarding PIO (Persons of Indian origin) scheme:
- This is to inform that vide Gazette Notification No.26011/01/2014IC.I dated 09 January 2015; all PIO cards issued till 09 January 2015 are deemed to be OCI cards.
- Further, PIO Card scheme has been withdrawn vide Gazette Notification No.25024/9/2014F.I dated 09 January 2015.
- Now applicants can apply for an OCI card provided they are eligible for the same, as the PIO card scheme is no longer in existence. For detailed information about OCI card, applicant may please refer to the eligibilty criteria provided under the tab OCI Cards
OCI card in lieu of PIO card:
- - A separate online application for issue of OCI card in lieu of the existing PIO card without payment of any registration fee has been devised and is available at: http://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome
- Initially for a period of 3 months, submission of the application for OCI card in lieu of PIO card will be voluntary. However, after the initial period of 3 months, it will be made mandatory. The persons can apply for OCI in lieu of PIO card only at http://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome